Project Posting #1: Scale and Duration
This is my first post regarding my game project. Currently I have two ideas I would like to develop. I know I should choose one, but at this stage, I think I'll pursue both and see which one shows the most promise. I will save the details for later.
Both projects will bring gaming and interactivity (as defined by both Crawford and Meadows) into venues not usually associated with play. Both will allow people to participate without radically changing their normal or expected behavior in these environments. Both will operate on two scales: Individuals will play separately and independently but will be greatly affected by how others are playing. The duration of one will be short and entirely controlled by the game; the other will be of variable length, depending on how long a player wishes to participate.
To summarize:
Game #1
Scale: variable (1 to as many as can fit in the venue)
Geographic Scale: limited to size of venue
Site-Specificity: requires specific type of venue
Duration: probably less than 5 minutes
Type: short-term, non-persistent, non-pervasive
Game #2
Scale: variable (any number)
Geographic Scale: limited to size of venue
Site-Specificity: requires specific type of venue
Duration: variable (as long as a player wishes)
Type: long-term, persistent, non-pervasive
Stay tuned!


<< Home